Private Selection Frozen Appetizer Review




As a Bzzagent, I was sent coupons to try 3 different Private Selection Products. The second product my family and I tried was the Private Selection Southwestern Style Chicken Trumpets Appetizers. They also have Mediterranean Inspired Hors D'Oeuvres collection, Mushroom Walnut Profiteroles, and Spanakopita available. The Private Selection products are available in the Kroger family of stores for about $3-7. I bought mine at our local Ralphs. These appetizers are individually handcrafted and filled with a unique combination of high-quality savory ingredients.

The Southwestern Style Chicken Trumpets that we tried are tortilla trumpets filled with sauteed chicken, crisp peppers, cheddar cheese and chili pepper. These appetizers are easy to prepare. You just preheat the oven to 400 degrees, put the appetizers on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. I lined my baking sheet with aluminum foil and sprayed it with generic Pam. They recommend lining it with parchment paper, but I didn't have that, and my way worked just fine. They came out perfectly crisp with the cheese melted after 15 minutes. I'm glad they were done on time because I was serving these for our Christmas dinner and I forgot to put them in the oven! I was cooking at the stove and looked down and wondered why the oven was still on, since the ham was already done, and then I remembered I needed to cook the appetizers! My family all agreed it was worth the wait. Besides the 5 of us, my parents and uncle were over for dinner. The only one that didn't try an appetizer is my mom because she's allergic to onions, and these appetizers have onion powder in them. Everyone loved these appetizers! They all thought they were delicious, not too spicy, had just the right amount of crispiness, and just the right combination of flavors. In fact, 3 people even took a second appetizer. There are 9 appetizers in the box, and only 1 was left. It says you can refrigerate the leftovers, so I did and I heated it in the microwave the next night, along with the rest of our leftovers and it was still just as delicious as the night before.

If you would like to learn more about the Private Selection products, visit Kroger.com . They also have frozen pizzas and desserts. I will be trying the dessert soon, so be on the lookout for that review. We will definitely buy some of these appetizers in the future. Let me know if you've ever tried any Private Selection products and what you thought of them.