Quaker Oatmeal Squares Review



As a BzzAgent, I was sent a box of Honey Nut Quaker Oatmeal Squares to review and 2 sample boxes to give to a couple of people for them to try. This cereal also comes in Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, and Golden Maple. This cereal is so good for you - there are 46 grams of whole grains, 5 grams of dietary fiber, and 6 grams of protein per serving! It's a great way to help meet the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans which recommends at least half of all grains consumed should be whole grains. Besides eating Quaker Oatmeal Squares for breakfast, you can also eat them as part of a trail mix, after a workout, or for a mid-afternoon snack.

My husband, myself, and my 5 year old son ate Honey Nut Quaker Oatmeal Squares for breakfast. None of us eat our cereal with milk. We all really like the cereal; it is delicious! My husband said it is much better and very different from Shredded Wheat; in fact, he was surprised by how much he enjoyed eating the cereal. I like the little hint of sweetness and am pleased by how filling it is. I'm usually hungry about half an hour before my morning snack time, but after eating this cereal, I was satisfied until snack time. My 5 year old son even asked for more!

I gave one of the sample boxes to my parents. My dad tried the cereal and said it was very, very good and delicious! He tried it dry and in milk, and liked it both ways. He was surprised that the cereal held it's texture in the milk and didn't turn to mush. My dad also noticed that the Quaker Oatmeal Squares has a lot of vitamins and minerals and most of them are at least 20% of the daily recommendation.

So, all 4 of us highly recommend Honey Nut Quaker Oatmeal Squares. I'm looking forward to trying the other varieties too. If you would like to receive your own sample of the Honey Nut flavor visit Quaker Oatmeal Squares Facebook page to sign up for one.

Labels: