CampusBookRentals Review

Do you have a college student either starting college in the Fall or going back to college in the Fall? If you answered yes, then you should check out CampusBookRentals. There are a lot of advantages to renting your books through CampusBookRentals rather than buying them from your college's bookstore. You can save 40-90% off bookstore prices, and if you're a regular reader of my blog, you know how much I love saving money! You get free shipping both ways, nothing beats free! You can highlight in the textbooks - that would be great for my daughter when she goes to college in a few years because she highlights her notes to help her study, so I'm sure she would love to be able to highlight her textbook too. They also have 30 day risk free returns, most flexible rental periods, and live customer support. I would love the live customer support because I can't always figure out how to do things right on the computer, so having that support to make sure I did it right, would be great.

I wanted to see for myself, how much money you could really save on the CampusBookRentals website, so I looked up a book that I used in my college days: Signing Naturally(my minor was American Sign Language). It was pretty easy to find. I just typed in the name of the book in the search bar and was directed to several versions of the book. Here's the version of Signing Naturally that I used. The list price is $60 and for a semester you can rent it for only $21.88. That's a 64% savings. That's great!

One of my most favorite perks about renting textbooks from CampusBookRentals, is that they donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented from their site. I've read about the work Operation Smile does for many years, so it was great when I found out that they donate to them. Operation Smile performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families can't afford it. Operation Smile is in over 60 countries and has provided over 200,000 free surgeries for children since 1982. That's awesome!

My oldest son will be a junior in high school in the Fall, and I will definitely be pointing him in the direction of CampusBookRentals when he goes to college in a couple of years. My daughter will start 2 years after that, so she can use it too. She's interested in sign language too, so I already know they have a book for her!

If any of you have ever used CampusBookRentals, let me know what you thought of it.


*I was compensated for this review, however all opinions are 100% my own.

Labels: