Progresso Recipe Starters Review



As a Bzzagent, I was sent a can of Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portabella Mushroom cooking sauce to try. All you need is 30 minutes, this sauce, and a few other ingredients and a delicious dinner is on the table. There are 4 other different sauces available to choose from, besides the one I tried: creamy parmesan basil, creamy three cheese sauce, creamy roasted garlic, and fire roasted tomato sauce. You can go to Progresso.com and fine over 30 different recipes to try with all of the different sauces, or you can create your own recipe. The Progresso Recipe Starters are available at the Kroger Company Family of Stores for only $2.49.




This is the can I was sent. It even has a recipe on the back of the can that you can try. The nutrition facts are pretty good too, only 6 grams of fat, 1% of cholesterol., and even 1 gram of Protein. I decided not to use the recipe on the can and I went online to Progresso.com and found a recipe for Cheesy-Mushroom Joes to try. All I needed was ground beef, cheese, the sauce, and hamburger buns. Cook the beef, add in the sauce and cheese, boil and you're done! Very quick and easy!


Luckily, all 5 of us really liked the flavor of this meal. I loved the mixture on a toasted bun, the flavor combination was delicious. My husband liked it, but I think he would've preferred it over rice. Both of my sons really liked it and had no complaints. My daughter, who doesn't like the taste of mushrooms, really liked it too and said that it didn't taste like mushrooms.

I will definitely use this sauce again and I'm looking forward to trying some of the other sauces too, especially the three cheese sauce. I love cheese! I have some $.75 off coupons for the Progresso Recipe Starters to share with you, so if you're interested, let me know in a comment and leave your email address so I can contact you. Also, let me know if you've tried the Recipe Starters before and what you think.


Labels: