Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are having a fantastic day remembering Jesus Christ's birth on this special day!

We started out seeing what Santa brought us, and then we ate breakfast(homemade waffles I had previously frozen). After that we opened our presents. It's always so much fun watching the kids open their presents and to see their excitement.

After getting dressed, my 6 year old son wanted to open and play with everything he received, but my husband made him pick just 3 to open today. He can open more tomorrow. My oldest son started playing 1 of the 2 video games he received. My daughter set up her desk calendar and put on one pair of her new earrings and a new necklace.

I set to work baking muffins for our breakfasts for the rest of the week and then baked 2 apple cakes for tonight's dessert and then for the rest of the week. We had laundry to put away, and then most of the afternoon was spent cleaning and starting the dinner for tonight.

Right now the ham is in the oven, the corn is in the crockpot, the potatoes are on the stove and it's almost time to start the green beans. The table is all set and soon my Uncle and parents should arrive.

It's been a busy and hectic day, but I made sure we started it by singing Happy Birthday to Jesus so we wouldn't forget what today is truly about.

I hope you've had as wonderful a day as I have!

Labels: