Plans for the Week

I didn't do too bad last week - I posted on my blog 3 out of 5 days. I was also able to get some things caught up on the computer, like my email, and some Etsy stuff. Let's hope this week is good too.

Here's our menu for the week:

Monday & Tuesday: Tuna casserole and corn
Wednesday & Thursday: Beef stew, brown rice, and broccoli
Friday: Mac & cheese bake

I'll give you the recipe for tuna casserole. We've tried others, but this is the only one we all like.

Microwave Tuna Casserole

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dill weed

5 cups cooked egg noodles
2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 cup chopped celery

1 small zucchini, sliced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. In a large bowl, combine noodles, tuna, and celery. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon half into a greased microwave-safe dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers. Microwave, uncovered, o high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered, 2 minutes longer. Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.

Yield: 6 servings

It says you can't substitute light or fat free mayonnaise, but I make my recipe with light mayo., and fat free sour cream, and it's been fine.

Labels: