Kroger Skillet Meals Review



As a BzzAgent, I was sent 3 coupons to try Kroger Skillet Meals, Fresh Selections Salad Kit, and Kroger Garlic Bread. Kroger Skillet Meals are an easy way to prepare a tasty meal in only 10 minutes. That's a wonderful thing for this busy Holiday season. The meals are made with high quality ingredients and they go very well with the Fresh Selections Salad kits and Kroger Garlic bread for a delicious meal to keep your busy nights simple. It's a much healthier alternative to carry-out.



I decided to try the Spicy Orange Chicken with Brown Rice Kroger Skillet Meal because it was the only one that qualifies as part of our heart healthy diet. It came with packets of rice, sauce, sesame seeds, and the chicken and vegetables were under all of that. This meal is very quick and easy to prepare. The rice is cooked in its packet, in the microwave for just a couple of minutes. You just run the packet of sauce under hot water to thaw it out. The sesame seed packet is just set aside until the end when you just pour it over your food. The chicken and vegetables are cooked in a skillet with a little vegetable oil for 10 minutes. Then, you just pour in the sauce and heat for a little longer. You open the packet of rice, put it on a plate, add the meat mixture on top, and add sesame seeds.



It says the Kroger Skillet Meals serves 3, and there's 5 of us in our family, so only my husband and teenage son were able to eat this for dinner. I tried a bite, but I don't eat spicy food, so it was too spicy for me, although the flavor and texture was nice. My husband and son both really liked this meal and I liked how quick and easy it was to make. I'll definitely try Kroger Skillet Meals again, although I'll have to buy 2 packages for my family. I might try another variety next time. There's plenty to choose from: Tuscan-Style Penne, Sausage Rigatoni, Penne with Grilled Chicken, Shrimp Lo Mein, Chicken Fajitas and many more.



I also tried the Caesar Lite Salad Fresh Selections Salad Kit. It came with a lettuce mixture and packets of dressing, croutons and parmesan cheese. You just mix all the ingredients together and you have a salad. The only person that didn't try it was my younger son because he doesn't like salad. My husband, son, daughter and myself thought the salad was delicious. We even had a little left to have with our dinner the next night. This is definitely something we'll try again. It's also available in Caeser or House Salad with Bacon.



Our favorite part of the meal was the Kroger Garlic Bread! My parents came over that night to go with us to my kids' school concert and as soon as they walked in the door, they asked what smelled so good; it was the garlic bread. Kroger Garlic Bread is hard to find in the store, because I thought it would be in the bakery section, but it was actually in the freezer section, near the Kroger Skillet Meals. You just take the bread out of the package, separate it(which is a little hard since it's frozen) and bake it in the over for a few minutes. It smells so good while it's baking; we couldn't wait to eat it! Luckily, it tastes just as good as it smells. All 5 of us really liked it and there was enough left for us to have with the next night's meal. We will definitely try this again.

I was given several $1.00 off, $.50 off and $.40 off coupons to share, so if you'd like one, please leave your email in a comment and I'll contact you so I can send you some coupons.

Labels: