I Had to Close My Etsy Shop

I haven't posted about this yet, because it's been very hard on me. In September, I had to close my Etsy shop. This was so heartbreaking for me! We're trying to save as much money as we can, in order to pay for my oldest son's college, and one of the ways we decided to save money, was to close my shop. I was making some money and I was using it to buy presents for people all year long, but I wasn't making much money. I had a free year subscription to GoDaddy.com and it calculated my weekly profit for me. Unfortunately, it showed I wasn't making much profit, and some weeks I wasn't making any. I also had to go back to work(I'll post about this later), so there wasn't much time left for crafting. So, we had to decide to close my shop.

I miss Etsy so much! Etsy is much more than just selling crafts online, it's a community. I made lots of friends on Etsy and I really enjoyed chatting with them everyday, sometimes several times a day. I got to know a lot of people really well and enjoyed hearing about their lives and their families. They were also there to listen to me when I needed a shoulder to cry on. Some of us have kept in touch on Facebook, but it's not the same as chatting on Etsy. I've unfortunately totally lost contact with a lot of people. Now, I don't have many people left that I can share my day with. It has been hard.

Have any of you had to give up anything you love due to putting kids through college?

Labels: