My Week

This was our first week off school, and it was nice!

On Monday, my oldest son and I watched the NASCAR race on t.v. It was rained out on Sunday, so it was postponed to Monday morning. The driver we wanted to win, Chase Elliott, didn't, but it was still fun to watch it together. After lunch, my other 2 kids and I had 6 errands to run. We went to the library to sign up my youngest son for the summer reading program. Then we went to Barnes and Noble to get his summer workbook to get him ready for 4th grade, and also grabbed the paper for their summer reading program. After that, we headed to Sees to redeem the 2 gift cards my husband gave me for Mother's Day and my birthday. I was able to buy a 2 pound box of candy! I only eat 1 piece a day, so it will last awhile. We went to Costco to get gas in the van. We stopped at the doctor's office to drop off immunization paperwork that they have to fill out for my daughter's college, in order for her to start in the Fall. Last, we went to the bank to deposit the money my daughter was given by family for graduation.

On Tuesday, my oldest son and I went to vote in the CA primary. Later, I went to Walmart to redeem a couple of gift cards I got for my birthday. I was looking for some baskets to organize my snack cupboard. I saw some great ideas on Pinterest, and I've always wanted to try it. They didn't have any in the store, but I ended up finding some online. I also ordered a pretty flower ceramic spoon rest because my other one broke. I also organized some of my room. In the afternoon, we played ball in the back yard.

On Wednesday, my youngest son and I cleaned his closet, and I organized my desk. In the afternoon, I spent 3 hours researching churches because we are looking for a new church to go to. I didn't have much luck. Later, we did some yard work in the back yard.

On Thursday, I made my grocery list, baked muffins and dessert. After lunch, I spent 3 hours searching for churches again, but didn't have much luck again. I found one that has most of what I'm looking for, but was missing a couple of things I wanted. We played ball in the back yard again. We tried to think of different ways to throw the ball, like under our leg, backward in between our legs, backward above our head, etc.

On Friday, it was my husband's off Friday, so we went to the laundromat and washed all of our household bedding. It only took a couple of hours. We also went to Costco, and then in the afternoon, I did some more yard work.

On Saturday, it was my usual grocery shopping and cleaning. My parents came over for dinner.

So, how was your week? Do you have any other fun ways to throw the ball that my son and I could try?

Labels: