My Week

I liked writing up my blog post one day at a time last week, so I think I'm going to keep doing that. I can write things while they're fresh in my mind, and it's just about ready to be posted on Sunday.

On Monday, I had my MRI for my back. That was not a good experience! I had to take my glasses off, and I'm always uncomfortable without them on, because I can't see. The technician had me lay down and put me under the machine just a tiny bit and I told her I couldn't do it. I was too claustrophobic. She said we didn't have to do it with the thing that went over my face, but I said I still didn't think I could do it. She told me I might have to come back with someone who could sit with me and I might have to take some medicine. I told her I'm allergic to so many medicines, I avoid medicine, so there had to be something else we could do. She said she could try doing it with me on my side. She wrapped another contraption around me and then put me under the machine. She also played Christian music in my earplugs(that's what I requested). I was able to do it that way because on my side, I couldn't see the machine on top of me, and there was just a little space I could see light through, so I was okay. The test was 15 minutes, then she checked to make sure the pictures were good, then she pulled me out. I have vertigo, so I had to wait awhile before I could leave. I was so glad it was over. She told me when my dr. would get the results, but I just wanted to get out of there, so I don't know what she said!

Then, later in the afternoon, I trimmed the houseplants and took it outside to the green waste. I noticed it smelled funny outside and when I looked around, I saw a dead rat or mouse on the bark! Eww! My husband will have to get rid of it when he comes home because I'm not going out there again.

The kids and I finished a puzzle. We've been working on it for about a week. Unfortunately, we're missing three pieces, and we had 2 left over that don't belong to this puzzle. It's funny how that happens, just like missing socks in the laundry!

On Tuesday, I spent 3 1/2 hours figuring out how to record a video on our digital camera, and uploading it to You Tube. I had to review some garage sale signs and my daughter didn't want to record the video of me on her ipad(she gets tired of helping me out with my reviews), so my husband told me I could get the camera manual online and figure out how to do it myself. I normally am not any good with technology, so I was pretty proud of myself for being able to figure it out.

On Wednesday, I looked through the weekly ads and wrote down what I will buy, and then I went through my recipes. I have a file box of recipes I want to try, so I went through them and decided we probably wouldn't really try more than half of them! I don't know what I was thinking when I cut them out originally, I must have been hungry! We also cleaned some of my son's room. After lunch, I cleaned some of my closet. I didn't get very far because one thing I went through was my old jewelry box and a lot of things hold memories.

On Thursday, I did the grocery list and the kids had a dentist appointment in the morning. No cavities, like usual! After lunch, I worked on cleaning my closet. I cleaned out my subbing bags. I have a couple of binders with papers in them that I thought would be good time fillers, if needed. Now that I've subbed for a year, I decided about half of them aren't any good. I'll have to work on finding some new ones.

On Friday, we went to the fair. A credit union was offering free tickets for teachers with an i.d. Since I subbed long-term this year, I have an idea, but unfortunately, they'd given away all their tickets by last Thursday. Oh well, we had fun at the fair anyway, even though we had to buy our own tickets. We enjoyed looking at all the displays and always look for the dip mix display. We all try some and pick 5 flavors to buy. We then use them throughout the year with vegetables, chips, and pretzels. My youngest son always wants to go on a ride, but they're so expensive, so he just gets to pick one. He picked the merry-go-round.

On Saturday, I just did my usual grocery shopping, cleaning, baking and cooking. I was hoping to do something fun, but no luck!

So, how was your week?