A Blog I Follow and Why: The Pond

Today the blog I'm featuring is The Pond, also known as Chatbug Karen at The Pond. The blog is written by Karen, and she has been blogging since February 2010. Here is some of what's written about her on her blog disclosure page, "Hi, I’m Karen, an over 50 but feel like 30 wife and mom. I enjoy books, movies, and the Internet. I love to scrapbook and quilt. My kids are the highlight of my life and then there are my dogs! My husband and I own our own business and have since 1979. I live in the midwest and I don’t like winter here very much. At least we don’t have to mow our 2 1/2 acres in the winter time. I used to snow ski but I have the beginnings of osteoporosis and I have to watch doing stuff like that. I used to ride my own motorcycle but sold it when I fell and broke my elbow. Yes, my nickname is Clutzy. I’ve been trying for 2 years now, to read my Bible in a year. I will get there one of these days! I try to be a good listener to my family and friends. I try to see both sides of an issue. I’m ok with agreeing not to agree as long as we don’t have chips on our shoulders. I try my best to follow politics but I get bored with it and find my attention drifting away from the speaker and then I don’t know what is going on. I feel blessed to write for advertisers through several companies. The extra money has afforded some fun things and helped pay for a few necessities. I would love to live in a big old house that has built in hutches and pantries, a winding staircase and claw foot bathtubs. The wood work would have to have never been painted. I’d love a wrap around front porch that is deep enough to have a table and chairs so we could have meals outside on the porch. I have to finish a book or project when I start it. I have started two quilts and it is driving me crazy that I haven’t gotten back to them to finish them. I have made 3 large quilts. I hand quilted them. I am learning to machine quilt."

I enjoy reading Karen's blog. As you can see, from reading what's written about her above, she is a really fun person who enjoys her family and doing lots of different things. Her blog posts are always fun to read because she writes like she's talking to you. It's easy to relate to her stories and I feel like I'm reading a post from a life-long friend. Her last few posts are about the 4th of July, a Bubble Run, the heat and her summer activities, weather changes and having an empty nest, her one year old grandson, and a recipe for carrot cake. She also does reviews sometimes. On the right side of her blog, she has a "pages" section, and one of the pages is "blogs worth reading." There, she has links to lots of other blogs that you can click on and find other blogs to follow also.

Another thing I like about Karen, is she always comments back on my blog. Every time I leave a comment on her blog, she always returns the favor and comments back on mine. I really appreciate that and wish more people did that. I think you would all enjoy reading her blog also and getting to know her better.

Labels: