Banana Chip Muffins Recipe

One of the new topics I decided to post about is recipes. I love finding new recipes on other blogs for my family to enjoy , so I decided to post recipes that my family enjoys on my blog. So, here's a recipe for Banana Chip Muffins.



This recipe has 10 ingredients and is quick and easy to make.



In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.



Instead of getting a spoon dirty and having more to wash, I just stirred it with the teaspoon I used to measure the baking powder.



Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce. I needed half a cup of mashed banana and the one pictured didn't quite give me enough, so I had to mash another one.



Here's the wet ingredients combined.



Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.



Fold in the chocolate chips. It always smells so good when I open up the chocolate chip bag!



Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I could've cleaned up my spills on the pan to make it look prettier, but I left them there to show you it's o.k. to make mistakes and spill a little batter.



It ended up making 4 more than it said it should. That's lucky for me because that gives me one extra day of muffins!



Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.



Here are the finished muffins! After they cool, I'll wrap them individually in plastic wrap and set aside 3 for tomorrow's breakfast. The rest I'll place in a gallon freezer bag and put in the outside chest freezer. I'll take out 3 the night before we're going to eat them, so they have time to thaw out before breakfast. These muffins made enough for 5 breakfasts.

Banana Chip Muffins
Yield: 1 dozen
Printable Recipe

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg(I use egg whites, so it was 3 tbsp.)
1/2 cup milk(I use nonfat)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup miniature chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

I hope you enjoy this recipe!


Labels: