My Week



On Sunday, I made these Patriotic cupcakes. You just use a white cake mix, and then separate the batter into 3 different batches. You add red food coloring to one, blue food coloring to another, and leave one white. Then you put 1 tablespoon of each batter into muffin cups and bake as directed on the pan. When they're cool, I frosted them and my 9 year old son added the stars on top. At night, we went outside and watched what fireworks we could see in between houses. Our city's celebration is on the 3rd because it's the city's anniversary.

On Monday, I made buttermilk pancakes for our next couple of week's breakfasts. When my husband came home from his run, we shopped for a new waffle maker. The non-stick coating on my old one had started to come off. After lunch, I picked my next craft project to work on. Later in the afternoon, my husband and I cleaned out some more of the garage. Now we have some more things to sell!

On Tuesday, I went to the Dr. for my physical. My blood pressure was good 100/68, and my BMI is 19.5, which is also good. I've had trouble with my ears plugging lately and he thinks it's a sinus issue, so he wants me to try a nasal spray. I don't like taking medications because I'm allergic to a lot, but he says this just clears up your nasal passages and doesn't go into your blood, so I should be fine. I wanted to know the results of my MRI, but they didn't have them at first because they had technology troubles the past couple weeks. So, I had to wait awhile while they had them faxed over. At T6-7, I have disc bulge, and at T7-8, I have disc degeneration. He said they try to avoid surgery at all costs, so he gave me more back exercises to do. He said if the pain gets too bad, they can do a cortizone shot. After lunch, I cleaned up the rest of the kitchen cupboards and drawers. My son and I played in the backyard.

I forgot to keep track of what I did on Wednesday and Thursday, and my daughter and I can't remember, sorry! I wrote it on my planner so I won't forget next week. I do know that my mom met with a surgeon on Thursday because she was recently diagnosed with colon cancer. The dr.'s office will contact the hospital to arrange for her surgery, and they will let her know soon when it will be. It will probably be in 2 weeks.

On Friday, it was our 21st anniversary. We don't usually do anything to celebrate it, but because we had that money from the garage sale, we decided to use a little bit of it. We went to downtown San Diego, which is about an hour away, and walked around. We had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory, and then walked around some more. We had ice cream at Ben & Jerry's, but that was a rip off! We got a medium to share, thinking it would be a lot, and it was only 1 small, rounded scoop of ice cream! We stayed overnight at a hotel. My husband got a deal on priceline, to stay at the Grand Hyatt for only $100; the original room price was $200. The pictures are below.



We were on the 7th floor. This was the view from one of the windows. It's All-Star Baseball week, so the bbq place below had a giant blow-up Uncle Sam and a baseball.



This is us and the hotel room in the background. On the very right, there's a couch where you can sit and look out the window.



This is the view from that window, of the city and the bay.

On Saturday, we came back early in the morning so my husband and older son could go fishing and so my other 2 kids and I could go grocery shopping. The rest of the day was cooking and cleaning because my parents came over for dinner.

Labels: