My Week

On Sunday, I interpreted the songs and the announcements. The Deaf man told me I did a good job, just a couple of mistakes, but that's okay. The professional interpreter said the next time we work together, she'll probably share half the sermon with me! That's good, she must've thought I did an okay job too. My husband had to work all day again because they still hadn't fixed the software problem. It's too bad because he just got home from his business trip last Friday night, and then had to work all day Saturday and Sunday. We were looking forward to spending time with him on the weekend. I watched Nascar with my oldest son, did laundry, baked dessert, and made chex mix. I also got caught up on my email.

On Monday, I didn't have a sub job. There was thunder and lightning in the morning, so my husband said my youngest son and I should walk to school instead of drive. By the time we went to school, it had all stopped, so as soon as I walked in the door, I grabbed my walking things and headed right back out the door for a walk. After that, I read all of the info. included with my ballot, and filled it out so I'm all ready for election day. They only give one book about the propositions per family, so I thought I better get finished with it, so everyone else can read it. I got a call for an afternoon sub job in a 5th grade class, but it was already past the time for the job. So, I decided to check it out on the computer and then I was going to call the secretary to ask if it would be okay for me to accept it, because I wouldn't be able to get there for at least 20 minutes. Well, just in that short amount of time, the job was already gone; someone else must've picked it up! That's one of the problem's with subbing, for me, I'm not good at making last minute decisions quickly. Well, I decided to check on the taco filling that was defrosting in the refrigerator for dinner(my dad made tacos one day when we went there for dinner and gave us some leftovers), and it's still a frozen solid, block of meat, beans and sauce! I'm pretty proud of myself because I didn't panic and lose my mind like I normally do, I just looked for what else I had instead. I decided to make mac and cheese bake and hope the taco stuff is defrosted for tomorrow night.

On Tuesday, I didn't have a job at first, but one came up for a kindergarten class, and I would start later in the morning. So, I was walking my son to school, when the other school called and asked if I could come sooner to the kindergarten class because there wasn't any teacher for the class. So, I dropped my son off, walked home as fast as I could, changed and headed to the other school. After school, I checked on the taco meat and beans from yesterday, and it's not all the way thawed, but it's good enough for us to reheat tonight. My husband is taking a class at his work, so I had to pick my daughter up from the train station.

On Wednesday, I subbed in a 3rd grade class at my son's school. It was only half day, so it was a pretty easy day. It was a minimum day at school also, so when I was done subbing, I worked in the school office until it was time for my son's lunch; then, I had lunch with him and his friends. After school, we had to go to the library so he could get a dinosaur book for a school project. We also had to go to Walmart because I forgot to get the writing gel for my daughter's birthday cake I'm making tomorrow. Today, is her 18th birthday, but she won't be home until late, so I'm just making the cake for tomorrow night. My husband asked me to put the bananas in the worm bin, and I hate doing this, so I finally got around to doing it in the afternoon. Well, when I lifted the lid to put in the bananas, a worm fell out onto the garage floor! I asked my youngest son to come and help me, but he's scared of the worms too, so he was no help. So, I went in the backyard and got a small shovel and tried to get the worm on it; it was very difficult to do, and he even fell off once. I finally got him on the shovel and in the worm bin, but as hard as it was to get him back in, I don't know if he's going to make it. I hope I never have to do that again, yuck!

On Thursday, I didn't have a subbing job. After dropping my son off at school, I went home and baked my daughter's birthday cake. Then, I did the grocery list, put away dishes, and cleaned off the tables in the great room. After that, I had about 15 minutes until lunch, so I looked at my daughter's baby album. Since she turned 18 yesterday, I felt like reminiscing. For the rest of the day, I tried to catch up on email. In the evening, my dad called because a high school football game was on, and the California School for the Deaf in Fremont was playing! I was a teacher's aide there for a year while I was in college. It was so neat to see the school and the team on tv. I enjoyed watching them sign and communicate with each other on the field.

On Friday, I subbed in a 2nd grade class I haven't been in before. I did sub for most of the kids last year, but never for that teacher. She was very organized, so that made it nice for me. The kids were a little talkative, but not too bad. After school, I had to take my son to the dr. for a recheck of his bronchitis. It's finally gone! In the evening, we watched the Charlie Brown Halloween special. We missed it the first time it was on tv, so we were glad it was on again.

On Saturday, I did my usual grocery shopping and cleaning. We also had to go to the bank because now that our daughter's 18, she doesn't need a minor bank account anymore, she can have her own! Amazingly, that process took an hour and a half! When we got home, it was time to clean the floors and then start on dinner; my parents were coming over. I also had to make pancakes for our breakfasts for the week, at the same time. As you can see from the picture above, I made plenty of pancakes, enough for 6 days. After dinner, I had a lot of dishes to do! It was a very busy day. I wish there was time for relaxing on the weekends.

How was your week?