My Week

On Sunday, my poor 9 year old son woke up with a fever. He also had a cough. He was supposed to get trained in the tech booth at church today, but will have to try again next time. My oldest son stayed home with him, so my daughter and I could go to church. She helped in the 2 year old class and I helped in the nursery. My son's fever was higher when we came home, but he still felt like eating lunch. He took a nap, which he never does, but when he woke up, he threw up. So, all he got for the rest of the night was 7up. My older son and I watched NASCAR together, and I also made hummus, muffins for the week, dinner and did laundry.

On Monday, since my son had a fever yesterday, he and I had to stay home. Since we were at home, I walked 40 minutes on the treadmill my husband bought off Craigslist on Friday. It's a Nordic Trac and it's really nice. He got a great deal on it. My son's fever wasn't too bad in the morning, but around lunch, it had gone up. He still has a cough. Since he threw up yesterday, today he's still having 7up, and also crackers and broth, so far. His fever went up a little more in the afternoon. He watched tv, we played a board game, and sometimes he just sat there without the tv on. Around 5 he decided to take a nap about an hour before dinner. I'm making him chicken noodle soup for dinner.

On Tuesday, my poor son is still sick. His fever wasn't too bad first thing in the morning, and right before lunch, it is a degree less than yesterday, but still 101.6. He is still coughing and his throat hurts. The physician's assistant was only there in the morning, and I called at noon, so he can't be seen until tomorrow. At least I didn't have any sub jobs scheduled already. He also doesn't feel good. He just watched tv in the morning and started to play on the computer after lunch, but decided to take a nap instead. That's when you know for sure that he's sick! When he woke up, we played a game and watched some shows together. Later, he wanted to go to bed early and didn't even want a snack.

On Wednesday, I brought my son in to see the doctor. It turns out he has pneumonia! The doctor prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. I'm allergic to that antibiotic so when I give it to my son, I have to wear a mask and gloves, since it's in liquid form. At least he only has to take it once a day. On Friday morning, the doctor wants to see him again to see how he's progressing. So, no school for this whole week! I'm losing out on a whole week's worth of jobs, but luckily I only had 1 scheduled and luckily someone picked it up. Most of the day he just watched tv, because going to the doctor tired him out. He tried to take a nap, but our neighbors were noisy and I was making dinner.

On Thursday, my son didn't wake up with a fever! It looks like the anitbiotics are starting to do their job. He is still coughing like crazy and doesn't feel like doing anything, but at least his body is getting help from the medicine to fight the pneumonia.

Since my son didn't want to do anything this morning, I decided to look for our outdoor decorations. I found this Winnie the Pooh Halloween one that hangs along the side of the house. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's glittery.

I had to go out to the shed to find this Fall wreath. I hate going to the shed because I'm always afraid there's mice or rats in there, but there wasn't. I really like this wreath; it was a great find at a thrift store. It hangs right next to our front door, so when you walk up our walkway, you see it the whole time. Later in the afternoon, my son and I played Clue. I'm glad he felt like doing something.

On Friday, I took my son to the doctor for a follow-up. We actually saw the physician's assistant because the doctor wasn't there. She thought the pneumonia had moved up and wanted to have him go for a chest xray and then probably get a shot of heavy duty antibiotics! She consulted with the pediatrician at the other office down the hall, and was told since my son's fever was gone, she just needed to give the antibiotics time to work. The other pediatrician said she usually doesn't have them come back for a couple of weeks for a follow-up as long as things are progressing. So, we won't have to go back for a couple of weeks and as long as there's no fever, he can go back to school on Monday. Although, she said it will take him awhile to get his strength back, and his cough can last several weeks! He has a nasty sounding cough, so no one's going to like that very much. Today, we played Sorry.

On Saturday, it was weird because I had to go grocery shopping by myself. My daughter had to stay home with my son. I had to call them a couple of times to ask them about things that they had on the list that they would normally just pick out at the store. When I got home, I cleaned and made pancakes for the week. The homeowner's finally approved our front yard redo plans, so we went to Home Depot to pick up the supplies for one side of the yard. When we got back, it was only an hour until dinner, so all we did was tear out the grass. After dinner, I had to catch up on email and then go over the sermon for tomorrow; I'm interpreting half of it, and the worship songs.

What a week I had! I'm so glad it's over! How was your week?