My Week

On Sunday, we went to church. When we got home, I made muffins for the week. My oldest son and I watched the Nascar Championship race. It was a really good race and very exciting at the end! The driver we wanted to win the championship, Jimmie Johnson, won! He made history by winning the Championship 7 times! It was great that we could watch it together, especially since the announcers said that may not happen again for another 20 - 30 years!

On Monday, since my youngest son and I don't have school/work all week, I went for a walk in the morning, in the rain(my older son hadn't left yet, so he stayed home with my youngest). It was so refreshing! After that, I reconciled my bank statement and completed an aging study that I've been doing once a year, for a few years. I'm only 45, but I'm afraid I'm going to get Alzheimer's someday because I already forget things, so I enjoy completing the study, hopeful it might help me and others in the future. I caught up on email, washed all the windows downstairs, completed a review, and then my youngest son and I cleaned up the leaves in the backyard and did a little trimming. Since it's getting dark earlier, we only had about 45 minutes to work outside.

On Tuesday, my youngest son had to join me on my walk. He complained the whole time, so I tried to remind him to look around and be grateful for all the things God made. He still fussed, but it made me feel better. After that, we had several errands to run. A couple of kids didn't come to his birthday party, so we had some things to return. Since, now, here in S. CA, we have a plastic bag ban, I returned the items in my hand, and saved the bags for our garbage bags. After lunch, I caught up on email and cleaned up my Facebook groups. I used the Magic Eraser to clean the baseboards, walls, and doors in our master bath and the kids' bathroom. After snack, my son and I made Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies, and then played electronic Guess Who and started a Skip Bo game. After dinner and dishes, I picked up my daughter from the train.

On Wednesday, my youngest son and I went on a walk again. This time he wanted to come! After that, we finished our Skip Bo game from yesterday and then played Chutes and Ladders. He won both games! After that, I dusted all the figurines from the curio, and used the glass cleaner to clean the shelves, mirrors and doors. I did the same thing for the china cabinet. After lunch, I did some email and then used the Magic Eraser to clean the baseboards in the dining room and the entry way. I also vacuumed next to the baseboards since the vacuum doesn't reach there on our regular cleaning day. After snack, my son and I did some yard work in the backyard; well, actually, I did yard work and he sat on a ball, constantly asking when he could go back inside.

This is a picture of our Thanksgiving dinner with me, my youngest son, my oldest son, my dad, my mom, and my daughter.

My husband and I switched places so we could get a picture with him in it too.

On Thursday, I realized I hadn't made a post for Thanksgiving. If I did it today, it wouldn't post until Friday, so I'll have to prepare better next time. In the morning, I went for a 50 minute walk. After that, I baked a pumpkin pie, did my grocery list for next week and made a timeline for the Thanksgiving meal. After lunch, I did some email and then it was time to start cooking. My parents are coming over for dinner and my dad is making the turkey breasts, stuffing and gravy. I'm making pumpkin pie, parmesan bread in the bread maker, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans.

On Friday, I went for my morning walk. After my husband got home from his run, we went to Lowe's to get a ladder he's been wanting to get for awhile; it was on sale. After lunch, I caught up on email. In the afternoon, we finished tearing out the grass in the front yard. After dinner, we watched the Grinch on t.v. We didn't do much, but at least we did some of it together.

On Saturday, I did my usual grocery shopping and cleaning. After lunch, we went to Costco. It wasn't raining when we went in, but it was when we came out, and we weren't prepared. We were pretty wet! After that, I made pancakes for the week. After dinner and dishes I got caught up on email.

How was your Thanksgiving week?