Hummingbird Placemats and Napkin Rings





Well, I finally finished! I have been working on these placemats and napkin rings for a month and a half. Granted, I did stop a couple of times to re-make an item that sold, but it still took longer than I thought. I really enjoyed making them and I think they turned out great, but I've never worked with oval placemats before, so it took a little getting used to. Once I found my starting point, things were easy to stitch. Adding the outlining to each item was a little time consuming, but it definitely made a difference because it made each item "pop."

Anyway, these are for sale in my Etsy shop - see the right side bar in order to connect to my shop. If these sell, I also have a Fall set and a butterfly set, I will work on. In the meantime, I'm working on a pumpkin container for Halloween.

So, what do you think of these placemats? Have you ever had a project that took longer than you thought it would?

Labels: