Phil Wickham “Children of God” CD Review #ChildrenOfGod #FlyBy



"Children of God" by Phil Wickham was released on April 22. It's his first LP in three years. This CD is filled with songs sure to become new worship favorites. The title of the CD comes from him feeling "excitement and freshness...I have a new sound and a new heart." The whole album has a new energy and zest. Fans of Phil's music will find the same energy and talent coursing throughout the album, but they'll hear something else too. A freedom, energy, and confidence. Heralded by the single, "Your Love Awakens Me," the album is available everywhere now.

"Your Love Awakens Me" is about the amazing, life giving love of Jesus. This song is calling everybody to gather together and sing out the incredible Truth that God's love is stronger than our sin, it's greater than the grave and it is calling us on a daily basis to live this life with purpose and passion." - Phil Wickham

The other songs on the album are: "Doxology," "Better Than Life," "The Secret Place," "Wide Awake," "My All in All," "Starmaker," "Children of God," "Stand in Awe," "Body Mind & Soul," "As it is in Heaven," and "Spirit of God."

I enjoyed the new take on the "Doxology." I really like that hymn and enjoyed this one also. As I listened to this album, I tried to pick my favorite, but I couldn't pick one. When each song ended, I would think, that is my favorite song! Then the next song would come on, and I would think the same thing! So, I like them all. They all spoke to me.

If you want to check out this "Children of God" album for yourself, you can at these places:

iTunes
Amazon
Spotify
You Tube Video

I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post, however all opinions expressed are my own.

Labels: