Our Typical Breakfasts

So, a topic I thought about while reading all of the information I've gathered on blog topics and blog ideas, is "Our Typical Breakfasts". I also recently read that readers want to get something out of blog posts, so to try and turn an ordinary post about my life into something a reader would benefit from. So, I will try to do that here by including links to recipes and other tips.

We eat different things for breakfast on different days of the week. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, we usually eat a muffin, cereal, and have juice. For cereal, my husband and I share the same cereal, usually Honey Nut Cheerios or Quaker Oatmeal Squares. Each of the 3 kids have their own cereal. Sometimes if my husband wants some variety, he'll add in a bit of the kids' cereal into his. He just puts his in a plastic bag and eats it in his car on the way to work.



Last Thursday, I wrote a post with my Banana Chip Muffins Recipe.



I used to write for a blog called Natural Mama, and I posted a couple of other recipes there. One was for Apple Muffins.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we usually eat waffles or pancakes or cinnamon rolls; and my 2 sons also eat oatmeal, and we all have juice. They eat instant oatmeal, usually the Great Value Brand. One son likes the fruit and cream variety, and the other likes the variety pack with maple and brown sugar in it. We always drink only 100% juice. So, that's usually Minute Maid Pulp Free Orange Juice or several varieties of the Dole Blends juice.



Here's a recipe for Homemade Chocolate Chip Waffles that I also posted on the blog Natural Mama. I also use the recipe on the box of Betty Crocker Heart Smart Bisquick to make plain waffles. Our old waffle maker started flaking, so we just bought a new one that has 4 squares, instead of the circular one you see above. I'm finding that I need to double the waffle recipes now in order to make enough for us to have for the week.



This past week we had Banana Chip Pancakes. The recipe is from Taste of Home.



I only have one Cinnamon Roll Recipe, and it's also from Taste of Home.

What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Labels: